The Ultimate Blog Post ChecklistMay 28, 2020
By Raychel Perman
If you are just starting out with blogging, a checklist can be a lifesaver! There are so many steps you need to accomplish before and after you push publish! It is easy to forget. Even the most seasoned bloggers among us still use simple tools like checklists. So, without further ado here is the ultimate blog post checklist.
Blog post checklist BEFORE you hit publish:
- Select your topic.
- Research your topic and choose keywords.
- Write the outline.
- Write first draft with working title.
- Create catchy title by researching your topic on Amazon, Google, and Pinterest. Don't copy someone else's title - use it to inspire your own!
- Proofread and check grammar.
- Make sure copy is easy to read by using Flesch Kinkaid Score at https://www.webfx.com/tools/read-able/flesch-kincaid.html
- Write your final draft.
- Find and/or create images for post on a platform like Canva. You will need 1 header photo and 1 photo in the post.
- Create photos for social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram stories, and Pinterest.
- Upload finalized copy & photos to website platform.
- Add internal and external links.
- Set featured image and use alt text. Make sure the photo is sized properly!
- Pick category and tags.
- Set meta description.
- Schedule your post or hit PUBLISH. TRUMPET SOUNDS!!
- Schedule or send an email to your list.
Blog post checklist AFTER you hit publish:
- Share new blog post on Social Media Platforms right away!
- Schedule the blog post to show up on social media for the following week. You can use a scheduling tool like Buffer or Hootsuite. Examples: 3 days later, 7 days later, 2 weeks later.
- Share your post link to appropriate groups.
- Answer comments/questions on blog post and social media posts.
- Re-purpose content for future social media posts.
Hopefully, this checklist helps you quickly and accurately complete all the steps to a publishing a blog post, each and every time! If you’re still feeling overwhelmed, click HERE to learn more about working with me to get your blog up and running in no time.
With grace & grit,